Freedom, adventure, the road to enjoyment and confidence on two (or three!) wheels – that’s Bikeability. Plus a great way to keep fit and have fun.
Year 5 and Year 6 have been putting their riding skills to the test this week.
They have learnt how to :
- Cycle safely and responsibly
- Identify and respond to hazards
- Start and stop on-road journeys
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Share the road with others and communicate with other road users
- Comply with signals, signs and road markings
- Manage risk when cycling
- Negotiate junctions (pass side roads, turn at T junctions, and crossroads and roundabouts if present).
Mr Tring and Mr Bancroft from Cycle Confident put our upper juniors through their paces and they passed with flying colours!
We hope children continue to cycle. If they do decide to cycle to school, our cycle policy, which has been sent to Year 5 and 6 parents today, states that the children must wear a helmet.
Happy cycling everyone!