In the Autumn Term, St Michael’s uses its democratic right to vote for the committee members who will represent them. This year there are two committees available: Junior Governors and Faith Committee. There will be two representatives from each class (Years 2 to 6). Children who have served on the Junior Governors and Faith Committee previously can stand again for this year.
As a Junior Governor, your duties will include:
- To attend Junior Governor meetings.
- To take ideas and suggestions from your class to discuss at Junior Governor meetings.
- Communicate information from the meetings to the class and encourage your class to give their viewpoints on the topics to be discussed.
- To organise class voting on topics being discussed.
- Help to organise charity events.
- Encourage the children in your class to be aware of their school environment; to respect and care for it.
As a member of the Faith committee, your duties will include:
- To attend Faith Committee meetings.
- To be ambassadors and actively promote the school’s Christian values.
- To plan and partly lead church services, such as Harvest, Easter and Pentecost.
- To be in charge of the prayer corners in each class and to bring the prayer boxes to the church services.
Now the children need to create their manifesto, it can be a speech or a poster with all the reasons why they would make a great Junior Governor or member of the Faith Committee. Perhaps they are full of good ideas, a good listener, maybe good at organising events and enthusiastic about making St Michael’s even better.
Voting takes place on Thursday 15th October, so speeches will be delivered in the classes before this.
Good luck everyone, be the best you can be and be proud of your school.
You can make a difference!